WHAT IS IMPACT INVESTING?
Impact investing can be defined as “investments made into companies or organizations with the intent to contribute to measurable positive social or environmental impact, alongside financial returns.”
WHAT ARE THE OPERATING PRINCIPLES FOR IMPACT MANAGEMENT?
The Impact Principles, launched in April 2019, provide a framework for investors to ensure that impact considerations are purposefully integrated throughout the investment life cycle. These 9 principles bring greater discipline and transparency to the impact investing market, requiring annual disclosure statements and independent verification of Signatories' impact management systems and processes.
WHO ARE THE SIGNATORIES TO THE IMPACT PRINCIPLES?
Signatories are a diverse group of impact investors, comprised of asset managers, asset owners, Multilateral Development Banks and Development Finance Institutions. In additional to committing to this global standards, Signatories have the opportunity to collaborate and lead on key impact investing initiatives that will help shape the future of this growing market.
LATEST FROM THE IMPACT PRINCIPLES
See recent Webinars, Videos and Publications in the Resources section.
Visit the Signatories section to view the annual Disclosure Statements and independent verification statements required of all Signatories.
IMPACT PRINCIPLES WEBINAR SERIES
Catch up on previous episodes:
WATCH | EPISODE 1: Getting to know the Impact Principles.
WATCH | EPISODE 3: Impact Investing & Responsible Exits: Impact Principle #7 in Action
WATCH | EPISODE 4: Principles to Practice: Trends and Opportunities for Impact Investing. A conversation on strategic collaboration with the GIIN
GROWING IMPACT REPORT
Since the first anniversary of the launch of the Impact Principles, we are pleased to welcome the following organizations as Signatories:
- Turk Ventures Advisory Limited
- BMO Financial Group
- GEF Capital Partners Latam
- Deetken Impact Sustainable Energy
- RAISE Impact
- Omnivore Capital Management Advisors Private Limited
- AvantFaire Investment Management Limited
- Fortunis Group Limited
- elea Foundation for Ethics in Globalization
- Old Mutual Alternative Investments
- Arcano Partners
- Apollo Global Management, Inc.
- Dream Unlimited Corp.
- GroFin Managers
- PG Impact Investments AG
- Radicle Impact Management
- Octopus Investments
- MEF - Microfinance Enhancement Facility
- Lending for African Farming Company (LAFCo)
- Vinci Partners Investimentos Ltda.
- IMPACT Community Capital
- Good Karma Ventures Gestora De Recursos Ltda (Good Karma Ventures)
- Andes Impact Partners, LLC
- Invest in Visions GmbH